Friday, February 10, 2012

Best Way to Start My Day.



My personal relationship 
with God developed about 2 1/2 years ago.

I always knew in my heart that there was a God but I continued to be wrapped up in my own life and wasn't interested at the time.

I didn't know how to have a relationship with God.

I didn't kow how to read the bible and understand it.

I didn't know how to pray.

I didn't have any knowledge of anything.

 Until I started having a personal relationship with God, there were times in my life when I dreaded waking up and facing each day. I was anxious and worried about everything little thing. My life seemed to be unraveling and I felt very confused about a lot of things. Especially my life and the purpose of it.


"MY" STORY COMING SOON!
.................................................................
Now...lets flash forward a little bit here....


God wants us to have joy and peace in the midst of our ordinary, everyday life—even on the worst days of our life.


I know the very best way to start my day is reading scriptures and praising God for what He's done for me, and asking Him how I can be a blessing to other people around me. When I do these two things every morning, my mind is clear, I feel peaceful and my day seems to go a lot smoother. If I miss a morning, my day feels completly "off".


This reminds me of one of my favorite Hymns "I Need Thee Every Hour"


We really do need Him every hour without a question. He is the lamp unto our feet.

Every day is a brand new day that God has created and He wanted us to enjoy each day to the fullest!! 






2 Things I have learned....

#1 Your attitude is a big part of each day.


Every single day is filled with all kinds of situations that could upset you—things like losing your car keys or getting caught in a traffic jam. But you can choose to be at peace and in control.


God doesn't necessarily create difficult situations for us, but He will use them to develop our character and help us grow. 


When we take our minds off ourselves and our circumstances, and put our focus on God and loving others, we are embracing an attitude that will bring honor to Him.


No matter what happens during our lifetime, we can be sure that God is working everything out for our good. Plain and simple!






#2 Putting God and Others First


When you start to feel discouraged about yourself or your circumstances, remember that God made YOU and loves YOU just the way YOU are. He is leading you to where you're supposed to be. And He is going to be with you every step of the way leading you, guding you, and walking beside you.




***CHALLENGE***


I challenge you to spend time each morning focusing on the good things God has done in your life. Think about the trials, challenges and difficulties He's brought you through, the ways He's healed you and changed you, and how good it is to know He cares for you and hears ALL your prayers. 


When you learn to set your mind on God each morning, He'll give you all the peace and joy you need to love others every single day of your life.


HOPE YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A FABULOUS FRIDAY!!

8 Comments:

At February 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Elisha said...

WOW<3

 
At February 10, 2012 at 1:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW THIS IS A GREAT POST! AMEN!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 2:23 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

i love everything about this post! thanking Him at the beginning of each day and throughout the day is def something i do! :) great post!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

p.s. can't wait to read your story!! :)

 
At February 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM , Blogger StylishByNature said...

Great Post!!!

I am hosting Boticca.com giveaway currently, where you can win $100 worth of
jewelery and bags...Just click the link below...I'll wait for you there :)

Enter Boticca.com giveaway and win $100
♡ StylishByNature.com

 
At February 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM , Blogger Olga Marquez said...

Girlfiend! what a beautiful post! so very true! <333

 
At February 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM , Blogger Clemence - Oh The Lovely Things said...

This post is very inspiring. I can't wait to read your story :)

 
At September 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Mrs C said...

Beautiful, well done.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home