Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Easy Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches

Here is an easy idea for a sweet treat this Valentine's Day. Instead of cupcakes this year, why not make Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches!





Mr. and I decided that one of things we would this Valentine's Day would be to make some yummy Valentines Day treats together!

 I am usually a homemade cookie kinda girl but when I saw these Pillsbury Ready To Bake Hearts cookies in the store the other day I couldn't resist! I thought that they would be perfect for making Valentine's Ice Cream Sandwiches.

 To make, I simply baked the Hearts cookies according to the package directions and let cool completely.

About 1 hour.


Once cooled, take a scoop of strawberry ice cream, place it on the bottom of one cookie, and gently press another cookie on top to make a sandwich. You can use your finger to run along the sides of the ice cream and cookie to make it smooth and to remove any ice cream overflow. Place the sandwiches in the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden before wrapping them individually in plastic wrap and freezing for storage.

Yummy!!

11 Comments:

At January 31, 2012 at 8:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Those are ADORABLE and so yummy looking! I love Valentine's Day because my birthday is the day before, and I always had lots of hearts and pink in my birthday parties/presents when I was little. So fun!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 8:48 AM , Blogger suzie q. said...

This is an adorable idea!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Brandy said...

Those are so cute! I'll have to try them.

 
At January 31, 2012 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

How fun! Bet my kids are going to LOVE these! Because I'm going to make them TOMORROW!! :) Thank you for sharing!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Kerri,
Thanks for stopping by to comment. That is awesome! Happy early b-day!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:23 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Suzie!

 
At January 31, 2012 at 11:24 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Vivian,
You are too funny! You will have to let me know how your kids like them!
You are very welcome!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Kultur und Stil said...

wow that looks so nice! a good idea ;-)
xxx Anita

 
At February 1, 2012 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Milica i Marija Martinovic said...

Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower

 
At February 1, 2012 at 2:21 PM , Blogger jessica said...

omg. these ice cream sandwiches are so pretty! And they look yummy! Thankd for sharing :)

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

 
At February 1, 2012 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Randi said...

those look so good!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home