Happy one month of life little one! I can't believe you are one month old already. It literally seems like you were born yesterday and now here we are just one month later. You making your debut into this world was one of the most precious and best days of my life.
When Daddy and I were choosing your name, I had a whole list of girls names that I have always loved, but none of them really felt right. One day when I was at the store, I heard a Mommy say "Olivia, we are going to get that today" and my first thought was wow, I absolutely LOVE that name. It's perfect.
Your name "Olivia" means peace. Every time I look at you (which is often) or hold you in my arms, peace and happiness flood over my entire body and my heart skips a couple of beats.
I know you are only just one month old, but here are a few things that I know about you already....
* You are definitely an eater, just like your big sister Kaelyn. Right now you don't eat for very long and only eat about 2-3 ounces, but you want to eat often. Good for you-bad for Momma.
* You can sleep through most noises but at times a noise (dog barking or Dad coughing) will startle you and your little arms and legs will go nuts. I love it!
* You love to be held and look at me with your steel blue eyes. Don't worry...I am soaking it all in baby girl.
* You make the silliest and weirdest faces, especially when you know someone is watching you.
* Smiles. Boy do I love to see you smile. Best thing ever.
* When you were born you weighed just 4 lbs. and 7 ounces
First time I held you I was a little nervous because you were so tiny and delicate. You still are so tiny and delicate. Your cute little preemie onesies could fit on one of your big sisters baby dolls. But...because you are such a great little (big) eater, you are now starting to fit into regular newborn onesies. Hooray! I am one happy Momma!
* You're sleeping next to us in your bassinet and we normally go to bed around 10-11pm. You typically give me 3-4 hours of sleep, wake to eat, another few hours (normally only 2)....wake to eat, etc. Some nights are looooong, some nights are better. MOST of the time, you go back to sleep easily. Some nights I have to rock you in my arms until you fall asleep before I can slowly...very slowly place you back in your bassinet. Those are some of the loooong nights I was talking about.
Sweet Olivia I adore everything about you...even when you keep me up all night, pee on me, spit up on me and have green poopy smelly diapers. You are such a light, a joy and a huge blessing in our lives and I couldn't imagine life without you. God is so good! I gotta tell you and be honest that Mamahood is definitely no walk in the park, but I would sacrifice anything and everything for you. You make me want to be better and I love being your Momma.