Sunday, May 10, 2015

For All You Mama's Out There


Motherhood is such a gift. It's a sacred responsibility and calling unlike anything else. I am grateful for the blessing of being a Mother to a sweet precious girl that we will be adopting in June and to baby Olivia who will be making her grand entrance in July. When I was trying to get pregnant I had a lot of sleepless nights, doubted the Lord at times, thought there was something wrong with me, and would compare myself to other women who found out they were pregnant for the first time or pregnant with their second, third, fourth, or fifth child. It was a struggle to say the least, but I wouldn't change my feelings of heartache, doubt, and fear for anything. I prayed like I never have before and my relationship with my Heavenly Father grew so much. I have come to realize time and time again that his timing and his plan are so perfect in every way. We just have to learn to trust him and his will for our lives. So to those who are waiting or mourning: I am so sorry. I am so sorry for the pain you are going through or have gone through. So sorry for the waiting, the agonizing, the questioning, the crying. So sorry for the frustration and anger. I’m sorry for the struggle to try to choose joy and gratitude in painful circumstances. I know, there is always hope. Always. Hope. But I don’t want to deny that there can be pain too. I've been there and I know how it hurts. Even though great miracles might be in store for your life or great lessons might be learned along the way, that doesn't mean that pain and weeping aren't a part of the journey beforehand. So I shed lots of tears with you and I send you the biggest hugs that I can send.

I pray that you will be blessed with the gift of peace today and tomorrow and through the days and years ahead. “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” {Psalm 34:18}

I pray you will feel this closeness even in your deepest of heartbreaks today and always. Cherish today. This is your day! 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2015 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Natalie said...

What a special Mother's Day for you! All of our journeys to motherhood are different, but they are all special. :)

 
At May 15, 2015 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing something so personal and beautiful... hugs to you xx

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home