Wednesday, February 26, 2014

18 Months Or Less.

18 months or less. This is the time-frame that my Dad's doctor told him yesterday on what his life expectancy currently is. Josh told me last night when I got home from work. I am waiting for my Dad to come out and tell me himself. My heart is heavy for my Dad. I can't imagine how he must be feeling right now. When my Dad asked the doctor what he can do from here on out, he responded and said "Be grateful for all the many little things in your life and continue to tell your son and daughter just how much you love them".

I found myself on my knees last night crying out to my God. Praying for peace. 
Praying for comfort. Praying for strength. Praying for direction.

Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
-Psalm 30:5

On my way into work this morning, God spoke something so simple and amazing over me...

Do not trust in the arm of flesh, but put all your trust in me. I am the author and giver of life.

He is the author and giver of life. He is all-knowing. He is perfect. His timing is perfect.
I can take rest in Him, because it's in Him I can find my peace, my comfort, my strength, 
and direction. It's only in and through Him. I am trusting Him and His promises. I know that He will not cause pain without something new to be born (Isaiah 66:9


I wept for awhile last night, but I have so much joy this morning! I love my God. He is good! 


post signature

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home