Sunday, July 28, 2013

ICU


I can't sleep.

On Saturday morning, I got a call that my Dad was rushed to the hospital in California.
My heart dropped and tears started to run down my face. Those are the type of calls
that we never wish to get and when we do get them we feel as if our world is turned
upside down, we can't think straight and we don't know the next step to take. I don't 
know about you, but that is exactly how I feel.

I spoke with the nurse earlier today and she informed me that she is unable to disclose any information to anyone. She also told me that my Dad was unable to talk and probably wouldn't be able to for a few days because he is hooked up to so many tubes. I had a very strong feeling come to me like I needed to get out there as soon as possible. Tomorrow morning Josh and I are leaving at 5am to drive to California.  We don't know how long we will be there for and exactly what is going on and just how bad my Dad might be........................all we can do is just take it one day at a time.

This weekend has been consumed with a lot of tears, scripture reading and lots of prayer.

It is Him that I can turn to for strength. It is Him that can comfort my aching heart. It is Him that can help get me through anything. It is Him that has a plan. It is Him who's hands I am in. I trust Him. I love him more than anything and I know that He is with my family and I as we face this trial. 

I am so very thankful to everyone who is praying for my family and I. It really does mean the world
to us. We had some of our good friends from Mesa drive out here earlier tonight to suprise us with bags and bags of goodies to take with us on our trip tomorrow. I am so very thankful for good friends who care and for a loving Heavenly Father who is always there and always watching over us at all times. 



Verses that have been offering me peace and comfort (just to name a few):


The LORD is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 9:9

 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, 
for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. 
 Psalm 23:4

 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.
Psalm 34:18 
  God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. 
 Psalm 46:1

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of 
difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, 
you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Isaiah 43:2
 
Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.
 Matthew 5:4  

 
-KIMBERLY-

Labels: , , ,