Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Testimony Tuesday: Meet Cora

Thank you so much for taking a little time to stop and read my testimony. My name is Cora Noelle, and I am the second oldest of 7 children. I'm 15 (almost 16) and I love journaling, acting, blogging (cocobirdy.blogspot.com), debate, and the gospel. I am so thankful for the wonderful opportunity that I have to share my testimony with you. Thanks so much Kimberly!


   I've always been told that everyone will have their own special conversion story, and I know now that this is true. We will all have our own unique story of how we fell in love with the gospel and learned for sure in our hearts that was true. We may not know when it will be, but there will be a time. I promise. 




    My story came 4 years ago when my baby brother, Matthew, was born. Matthew's eyes were different when he was born. They were unusually swollen and cloudy. He was born with glaucoma, an eye disease rarely found in children. Immediately Matthew was rushed to Primary Children's Hospital to undergo a number of surgeries that would hopefully save his sight. Each week as Matthew met with the Doctors he pulled my family closer as we realized how unexpected and fragile life really is. 


    Because of Matthew's physical eyes our spiritual eyes were opened. He brought us closer to the gospel of Christ and closer the the Savior. We depended wholly upon our Heavenly Father, and we relied on him to help us through our trials. 




      I am so thankful for trials in our lives because it is then that we rely on the gospel the most. It is in those moments that we know that we are never alone. 




    What Matthew did reminds me of something that another brother of mine did for me. Jesus Christ came to the earth as a baby. He spent his life healing, forgiving, and teaching the world. He suffered the pains of the world so that each of us could return to him. He lived and died for each of us. He knows me personally and suffered for me. 


    Christ is my best friend and my older brother. I love him soo much and I know that he will never leave me. 


    I am thankful for Thomas S. Monson and Joseph Smith. They are prophets of God now and forever. I am thankful for the knowledge of eternal families. 




I know that I am a daughter of God, and I know with all my heart that Jesus Christ is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. 

    I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen



Want to participate in Testimony Tuesday??



GIVEAWAY ENDS TONIGHT @ MIDNIGHT!


Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At December 12, 2012 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

What an amazing and beautiful testimony for one so young.

 
At December 12, 2012 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Emily and Jake said...

Such a beautiful testimony! It was such a great reminder that we are never alone. Thank you so much for sharing

 
At December 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I agree! She's seems pretty amazing!

 
At December 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are so right...He is always with us. Even at times when we think He isn't...He always is...

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home