Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Exact Amount



This is our truck.

We love our truck.

In addition to our new Chevy Malibu, it has everything we want and need.

We love the space, durability and the bed to load stuff when needed.

The thing we love MOST about our truck is the fact
that in just two months this little beauty will be paid off!

Yes! No car payment! That will save us almost $500 a month!


So you are probably wondering how this all relates to my post title right?

Well a little over a week ago, Josh noticed that the tread on all 4 tires was really bad.
Just a few days ago, Josh also noticed that the back left tire was going flat.
PLUS...there has been this weird ticking sound when we start the truck too!
Really?!?!
We brought our truck into Discount Tires and they recommended that we replace all 4 tires!
$900
EEEKKKK!

Where were we going to get $900 from?
We don't have that amount of money just laying around.

We said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us.

Yesterday, Josh got an unexpected bonus at work for almost exactly the amount that we need to get new tires and get the truck fixed.

This post is to express just how amazing and
faithful our God really is!
He hears our prayers and answers them.
Always.



Scripture of the day:

"And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good-yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit. Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy; And then shall ye know, or by this shall you know, all things whatsoever you desire of me, which are pertaining unto things of righteousness, in faith believing in me that you shall receive."
-D&C 11:12-14





14 Comments:

At October 11, 2012 at 10:15 AM , Blogger Torrie said...

Seriously, I cannot list how many times a similar thing has happened to me. Truly God works miracles in our lives--esp. when we're doing our part, like paying our tithing!

What a great story for me to meditate on today--thank you!

http://autodidacticambitions.blogspot.com

 
At October 11, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Leah said...

what a great testimony! It just so happens that we have that in common. Crazy right. My husbands vehicle will be paid very soon too, and I can't wait for it! but we also had to drop almost 1000.00 for his new tires. He hadn't bought new ones in four years, but that amount of money in one purchase freaked me out. Thankfully our paychecks fell in just the right place. That's God for you. It's amazing how in every situation, not only is He there, but He can manifest Himself with others in the same situation!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 10:38 AM , Blogger funsizetessa said...

Sounds like you pay your tithing :)

 
At October 11, 2012 at 10:57 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

Cars are the worst! They're the best, but they are the worst! Giant money suckers... I'm glad that your car troubles worked themselves out!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Don't you love it when things like that happen? My son on a mission told me he needed a couple more pairs of slacks. The same day I got his letter, I got an unexpected check from our mortgage company for the exact amount of the slacks, alterations and postage to him. I love that my Heavenly Father sweats the small stuff with us.

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I know! Tithing is so very important to us!
We can't afford to NOT pay our tithing!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you! Don't you love when stuff like this happens?!?!
I make sure to record these little moments to look back on.
He is so good!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

YES! YES! YES!
We honestly can't afford to NOT pay our tithing. When we get our checks that is the very first thing our money goes toward!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you!
I know! I am just so grateful I don't have to ride the bus. There are so many people out there that have to. I am okay with the car trouble then!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

YES! God is so amazing!
That is so great Lisa! Wow!
I agree, He always hears every single one of our prayers. Even the very smallest ones!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM , Blogger must love junk said...

Great post! Thanks for finding and following me-I'm happily following you back :)
Susan

 
At October 11, 2012 at 1:39 PM , Blogger Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful truck!

 
At October 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM , Blogger Kndbbdjk said...

LOVE stories like this! They really show Heavenly Father care for us!

 
At October 12, 2012 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

That's such a blessing that you had enough for what you needed for your car! And it's great that you've paid it off, too! I can just imagine how nice that would be, to get rid of a car payment! That's almost like not having to pay rent anymore, when the bill is that big!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home