Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Today's Thoughts: Patience


These are the thoughts that are on my heart today....


I Am...
Waiting on God's perfect timing....
Waiting for His will and not my own....
Waiting to see what He has in store....
Waiting to know what the outcome is....


I am facing something in my life right
 now in which my patience is being tried.

This "something" is one of my greatest desires
 aside serving my Heavenly Father and making Him
first priority in my life and in everything I do.


I Know....
I know that He is a God of miracles.
I know that He is a God of goodness.
I know that He is a God of promises.
I know that He is a God that understand our wants, our needs, and our desires.
I know that He is a God that knows more about us than we even know about ourselves.
I know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him.
I know that all these things will give me experience, make me stronger and be for my good.
I know that He is a God that loves His children with an amount that we cannot comprehend.
I kow that He is a God that listens to every. single. prayer. even the tiny prayers that seem so petty to us
but matter so much to Him.

I know that if I am patient, faithful, and trust in Him and
His perfect timing...He will bless me with his wonderful promises.


I know most of you lovely ladies are facing something or alot of things
in your life right now and maybe you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I want you to know that God loves you, He cares about you dearly and wants only
the very best for you. He knows what is best for your life if you trust in Him and His
wonderful plan. Sometimes we think we know best when indeed we really don't. 
Many times I have prayed for something I desired and it wasn't His plan but He
ALWAYS came through and blessed me with something even greater.
So hold onto His promises and trust Him.
I promise that you will see His hand work in your life in His timetable.
He will bless you..


Here are some quotes and inspirational

words that I have been helping me lately.

I hope and pray that they will comfort you.


(the 2nd quote hit me like a ton of bricks!)
















-Dieter F. Uchtdorf Quotes:



“Patience is a process of perfection. The Savior Himself said that in your patience you possess your souls. Or, to use another translation of the Greek text, in your patience you win mastery of your souls. Patience means to abide in faith, knowing that sometimes it is in the waiting rather than in the receiving that we grow the most. This was true in the time of the Savior. It is true in our time as well, for we are commanded in these latter days to “continue in patience until ye are perfected.” 


“Patience is a godly attribute that can heal souls, unlock treasures of knowledge and understanding, and transform ordinary men and women into saints and angels. Patience is truly a fruit of the Spirit. Patience means staying with something until the end. It means delaying immediate gratification for future blessings.”

"It is often in the trial of adversity that we learn those most critical lessons that form our character and shape our destiny."
"Patience-the ability to put our desires on hold for a time-is a precious and rare virtue. We want what we want, and we want it now. Therefore, the very idea of patience may seem unpleasant and, at times, bitter. Nevertheless, without patience, we cannot please God; we cannot become perfect. Indeed, patience is a purifying process that refines understanding, deepens happiness, focuses action, and offers hope for peace."

 






9 Comments:

At October 10, 2012 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Sometimes patience is so dang hard! Great quotes. And, hang in there with whatever you are enduring with patience.

 
At October 10, 2012 at 9:19 AM , Blogger The Olive Tree Blog said...

love this post!patience is even harder when you want something so badly!

 
At October 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yessssss! This is something I STRUGGLE with - my 3 year old is special needs and its a waiting game to see if he'll ever completely resolve his apraxia its so hard to wait and trust - but that's what I need to do... what we all need to do... thanks so much for sharing your heart and your wisdom!

 
At October 10, 2012 at 3:01 PM , Blogger dlpower said...

Always so uplifting. Thanks for sharing! Also thanks for sharing your story on becoming LDS. Wonderful!

 
At October 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you fro sharing this! I needed the reminder :)

 
At October 10, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Leah said...

This is exactly what I needed to read at this exact moment. Sometimes it gets so hard waiting and knowing that He knows best. Thank you for posting.

 
At October 10, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

So many great quotes, thanks for sharing! It's definitely hard for me to have patience sometimes :)
Modern Modest Beauty

 
At October 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Gita Regina said...

thanks for sharing those beautiful and meaningful quote
I know it's so hard to be patient in some case, but learn it make our life's getting better, right?
already following you dear
hope you can follow me back <33

xo,
gitasyalala.blogspot.com

 
At January 25, 2015 at 5:24 AM , Anonymous Diana said...

You saved my life today! Thank you. I just needed to hear this!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home