Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Bonham's Lasagna

This is a recipe I created through experimentation.

I took a regular easy Lasagna recipe and spiced it up a little!

 It turned out so yummy the first time around so I just had to share it with you.
 
This is a recipe that will make enough for a large family gathering!

Kind of like the large family gatherings we have every Sunday....
 
Did you count all of us??

Yup all 34 of us! So much fun and so much love!





Ingredients:
1 package of lasagna noodles
1-1/2 jars of thick spaghetti sauce
1 large chopped onion
1 large container of Ricotta cheese
1 small container of curd cottage cheese
1/2 tsp. of cracked black pepper
2 cups of mozzarella cheese
2 packages of mushroom slices

Choose 3 kinds of meat.
We used Italian sausage, meatballs, and pepperoni slices.

1 lb. of Italian sausage cooked and chopped into small pieces
1 lb. of ground beef or meatballs cooked and chopped into small pieces
1 package of pepperoni slices


Instructions:
Preheat oven to 375
Saute' onions and mushrooms in butter or EVOO.
Combine Ricotta, cottage cheese and cracked black pepper. Stir.
Cook noodles, rinse in cold water, drain and separate. Set aside.
In a large deep non-stick baking pan, layer bottom with spaghetti sauce, about two cups.
Place a layer of noodles, then sauce until lightly covered, then a thin layer of your cheese mixture, meats, sauteed onions and mushrooms.
Complete this process until you have used up all your meat, cheese mixture, and onions and mushrooms.
When you lay your last layer of noodles, place a think layer of sauce and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
Bake at 375 uncovered (about 30-40 minutes) and until the top is golden brown and bubbly.









 

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At September 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Faith said...

That looks so incredible! Yum!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM , Blogger renae said...

I just joined you. Thank you for joining moi! I really appreciate it. I love following on GFC the most.

Your adventure in Lasagna is to be commended. I don't cook. That facet of life eludes me. lol

 
At September 12, 2012 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Torrie said...

Looks yummy! I'll have to try this one out, esp. since my hubby is a big fan of lasagna (and I hardly ever make it--oops!). Thanks for the great dinner idea!

And thanks for the blog love :)

 
At September 12, 2012 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Katie Did What said...

Ohmygosh, that's SUCH a big family!!! Looks like you'll have lots of fun :)
and that lasagna looks deeeelish!
following :)
xo

 
At September 12, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

that looks divine! i love a good homemade lasagna!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 6:50 PM , Blogger stephanie said...

yum! I've never thought about pepperoni in lasagna, sounds like a win!

 
At September 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Such a big family -- that's a lot of mouths to feed! This lasagna looks great -- will definitely be trying it out!
Isn’t That Charming.

 
At September 13, 2012 at 3:20 AM , Blogger angie said...

I adore lasagna!!! One of my favourite dishes....yum and this one looks truly delicious! love your blog by the way!

 
At September 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM , Blogger meme-and-he said...

mmm this looks so delicious! I am always looking for new lasagna recipes because I never like the one I make. I'll have to try this out!

 
At October 22, 2012 at 8:46 PM , Anonymous Betsy @ Romance on a Dime said...

Looks great!! Thanks for visiting and linking up at Romance on a dime. I'm now following you. :)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home