Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Day of Remembrance


 The images are instilled in our minds and we will never forget. Let’s take this day to remember all of those who lost their lives on 9/11.
Let's also pray for their families, friends, and loved ones who continue to endure the pain, and those today that are fighting at home and abroad to preserve our cherished freedom.
God Bless America!
 
I want to also share with you what one of our friends wrote on Facebook this morning. I think his words were beautifully said and are so true....
Where were you 11 years ago today? It was my senior year of High school, I was asleep, and my sister barges in my room and yells "our country is under attack!" I jumped out of bed in my underwear and was glued to the T.V. in shock and horror...over the next several weeks and months I remember the whole nation uniting and coming together like never before praying with humility before the Lord for protection and comfort for our loved ones and for those who had fallen, even those who never prayed or believed in God found themselves asking God for help...amazingly even the media showed it. And then I remember how soon the nation forgot what happened and forgot the Lord...It's unfortunate that sometimes unless we are met with tragedy, most people forget the Lord their God... When things are well, they say "look what I've done. Look how great I am." And when things fall to the earth they say "Dear Lord help me...may we all remember to have faith in the Lord, and to thank Him for all that you have and for preserving you this day, for He is the Giver, and through him is life and salvation.

6 Comments:

At September 11, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Courtney B said...

That picture brings tears to my eyes!! Gosh, I am so thankful for the brave men and women who serve us and our country daily!

 
At September 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM , Blogger Rissi said...

Great post and reminder to let this horrible day only strengthen our American spirit and patriotism.

 
At September 11, 2012 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Catherine said...

This is such a wonderful tribute and post. He truly is the Giver of all. I don't know where we'd be without faith and belief of God's hand in all things, especially in the affairs of our nation. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog...you are TOO kind!!

 
At September 11, 2012 at 3:14 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Isn't that a great picture! I love it!
I agree Courtney. We are a very lucky and blessed people.

 
At September 11, 2012 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Rissi! Hope your day is blessed!

 
At September 11, 2012 at 3:16 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Catherine. I don't know either. He is my everything.
You are so welcome! I love your blog and you are such a great writer.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home