Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolution #2

GET BACK INTO PLAYING THE VIOLIN


It's been a long time.....
I started playing the violin when I was in Elementary School.
I loved it.....

The violin is a beautiful instrument with a rich and warm tone when played.

I specifically remember a little bit before my Nanna died she told me these exact words:

"Darling..please promise me you won't give up playing the violin. Keep going...keep playing. This is such a great gift and talent that God has blessed you with"

As I grew older I slowly started losing interest in playing.

Once I got into Middle School, being in band wasn't necessarily the "cool" place to be.

I stopped playing. I gave my violin to Goodwill.


As the years have passed, I have grown to appreciate the sound of music. Music is good for the soul. It also really matters what type of music you are listening to. I try to select music that will make my soul feel good, relax me and will strengthen my spirit.



"Be filled with the Spirit; speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
-Ephesians 5:18–20  



Over the past few days I have been poking around on
Craiglist for a violion, and been sending Mr. some little hints for Valentines Day.

11 Comments:

At January 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Hannah said...

I played the violin for years when I was younger but lost interest in it as an adult. My parents and grandparents are always urging to me to practice and play, just for myself. Maybe someday...

 
At January 3, 2012 at 3:35 PM , Blogger Allison said...

I love that you are wanting to get back into playing the violin...if I played an instrument that would be my choice!!! Love that verse as well. :) New follower!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Gentri said...

What a wonderful goal. :) I wish I played an instrument.

 
At January 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Jessi said...

So glad you found my blog so that I could find yours! What a beautiful blog, I am happy to follow it!

keep it touch,

Jessi

cherishinghopesanddreams.blogspot.com

 
At January 3, 2012 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Emily said...

Beautiful blog

 
At January 3, 2012 at 11:08 PM , Blogger Jam, Rio, Bri, Rissa said...

Just happened upon your blog and I love it! My mother in law and brother just recently took up the violin for Christmas! You should totally get back into it!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Gentri,
You should pick an instrument and learn to play! It's amazing that sometimes you say "oh I could never do that" if you try, practice and put your mind to it you can do it!!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Emily! Happy New Year to you bloggy friend!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Jessi for your sweet comment :)

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Jam, Rio, Bri, Rissa,
Good for them! They will love it!

 
At October 16, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Yándary Chatwin said...

Oh, goodness. I can totally relate here! I've played the violin "theoretically" since seventh grade, but now that I'm in grad school and not in some sort of orchestra or ensemble, I'm thankful I get to play the occasional church musical number, because that's really the only time I practice now! As much as I really WANT to play again, I know I need to be realistic about my time, but I tell you... The second I graduate... Violin lessons will be in my life! :)

PS Thanks for visiting my blog! I've enjoyed reading through yours and getting to know a little of what you share. And as a fellow brown-eyed girl, I have to say I love your blog name! Van Morrison's song was my ringtone for ages! In fact, I think I'll go change it back right now...

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home