Thursday, February 9, 2012

What Do You See?


We love our Mothers, our Fathers, our Sisters, our Brothers, Aunts, Nieces, Nephews, Husbands, etc.

What about yourself?

Do you love yourself?

A few years back I was hurting emotionally, mentally, spiritually and socially. I then realized that I wasn't the only one when I discovered that most people really don't love themselves.

Some people know it, while others don't even have a clue that part of it is probably the root of so many other problems in their lives.

God loves us so much and wants us to have great relationships, but self-rejection and even self-hatred are the roots of many relationship problems. I know this from experience.

I love the Bible. I have found it to be a book about relationships, providing valuable and knowledgable advice about my personal relationship with God, other people and even myself.

Ask yourself these 3 questions.....

How are the relationships with other people in my life?

How is my personal relationship with God?

How is my relationship with myself?

I never gave it much thought......
but did it ever occur to you that you have a relationship with yourself?

 We spend more time with ourselves than with anyone else,
and it's vital to get along well with ME.

 Remember, you are the one person you never get away from! Haha!

We should love ourselves— now im not saying in a selfish, self-centered way that produces a lifestyle of self-indulgence, but in a balanced, godly way.

We all have flaws, some by unfortunate experiences we've gone through, but that doesn't mean we're worthless and good-for-nothing.


We must have the kind of love for ourselves that says, "I know God loves me, so I can love what God chooses to love. I don't love everything I do, but I accept myself because God accepts me."

 We must develop the kind of mature love that says, "I know I need to change, and I want to change. In fact, I believe God is changing me daily, but during this process, I will not reject what God accepts. I'll accept myself as I am right now, knowing that He will continue to shape and mold me into who He wants me to be"

One of my favorite verses is Proverbs 31:10
“Who can find a virtuous and capable woman? She is more precious than rubies”

Think about that for a moment!
 What does it mean to be worth more than rubies?
It means that the Creator of the universe, who created all beautiful and valuable things, places our worth as His daughters far above jewels, which the world treasures so much.

God is so amazing!!
Many times people who reject themselves do so because they can't see themselves as
God sees them.

 They end up comparing themselves to someone else's beauty, talents or success.

They fail to see themselves the way God sees them—as precious children that He dearly loves.


CHALLENGE:


I challenge you these next couple of days to try and see yourself as God sees you.

As you begin to see yourself through God's eyes—someone who's loved and cherished—your view of yourself will begin to change. I promise you will  begin to see yourself not as rejected, but as loved and accepted…unique and beautiful in His sight.

6 Comments:

At February 9, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger Ashley said...

your last two posts have spoke volumes to me! i really needed to hear this! having a relationship with yourself is sooo important - of course the first most important is God. for the first time in my life i've been by myself...living alone in a new state away from friends and family. i'm learning to really like and accept me for me. thanks for this post!

 
At February 9, 2012 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Taesha Baldridge Cecil said...

Inspiring post! I will definatly take on that challenge! Thanks for sharing!

 
At February 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM , Blogger ... said...

just beautiful. :) We often forget to love ourselves and need to remember that we are loved and accepted by God no matter what! :)

 
At February 10, 2012 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Neris / Fashion Fractions said...

i loved reading your post! very inspiring!

xxx,

Fashion Fractions

 
At February 10, 2012 at 9:07 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent post girly. I love it. It's such an important thing to remember, because as you said, we're the one person we can't get away from. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

 
At February 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. I'm taking this challenge! Thanks for the wise words. Love your blog:)

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home