Tuesday, January 10, 2012

52 Reasons I Love You Tutorial


With Valentine’s Day on its way I thought I’d share this cute little project. This is a wonderful gift to make for your hubby or someone in your family.


I can’t take credit for coming up with this idea – I have seen several versions online, oo I decided I would try it out and share it with you bloggers!!
 It was so so easy to put together – the hardest part was coming up with 52 unique "things". Its a breeze at first but once you get to closer to 52, it's get's a lot harder to come up with things.
Nothing personal to my hubby but 52 is a LOT of things!


YOU WILL NEED:
1 deck of cards
2 binder rings or ribbon
hole punch or crop-o-dile
glue or tape runner
OPTIONAL: eyelets and heart rhinestone


INSTRUCTIONS:

Start with a deck of cards. I picked up a set of two at the dollar store for $1.00




Punch two holes in one card and then use that card as a template for where to place the rest of your holes. To do this, use a bulldog clip to hold the cards in place a bunch at a time (depending how many cards your punch will go through) and place the card with the holes in it already on top.

Arrange the cards to your taste. You can place them in numerical order or just at random. You want to have all the cards facing up because the front cover will cover the front card completely.

Thread the binder ring through the holes.
You can find binder rings at your local office supply store.
They come in various sizes.



I typed my 52 reasons out, cut them out and glued them on each card.

14 Comments:

At January 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Elisha said...

OOOOOOHH!!!!<3

 
At January 10, 2012 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Janine said...

Where did you get the binder rings? I've been wanting to do that for my husband and girls but was a little stumped as to where to buy those.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger fariha said...

Fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing.

 
At January 10, 2012 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Janine,
I just bought the binder rings at Office Depot.
Let me know how yours turns out!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Fariha,
Thx! You are so welcome!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Allison said...

This is just so, so cute! Great idea!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love this idea! I've been trying to figure out what to give my husband for v-day and this might be just the thing :)

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so cute!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Christine said...

I LOVE this! What a cute idea!

 
At January 12, 2012 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Contemplating Beauty said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS, I'm going to share this with my 17 year old daughter, she can make one for her Boyfriend!!!

 
At January 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM , Blogger alexisj said...

what kind of glue did you use?

 
At January 18, 2012 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Alexis,
I just used a glue stick :)

 
At September 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was your font?

 
At September 14, 2012 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Ah...I can't remember off the top of my head. Sorry!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home