Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our Lucky Finds


We will be moving on December 17th!
Just 8 days before Christmas.
I am so excited to be able to spend Christmas in our new home!
I have always decorated our place for Christmas but there is
only so much you can decorate in an apartment before you run
out of areas to decorate anything else and then it may look like too much.
I have been buying (thrifting) Christmas decorations here are there.
I bought some garland the other day. $0.50 for 9 feet. I bought 4.
I am going to wrap this around our banisters going up our stairs
and around our front door with some lights woven in between.

There is this group on Facebook that I belong to called Mesa Consign.
It's just like a Craigslist and there are over 2,750 members who sell their stuff.
It's so easy to go overboard and spend a lot because there are so many
things I want to buy and it's updated with new items every minute!!

Last night we found two great deals on there and just couldn't pass it up.
We bought this gorgeous
9 foot pre-lit Christmas tree from Paddock Pools.
 It was originally $800 and we paid $100 for it.



We also bought this Soft Serve Ice Cream maker.
New in the box and never been used.
Originally $99 and we paid $30 for it.
I cannot wait to get my hands on this!


I love finding crazy deals like this!!

Have you had any lucky finds?

Speaking of crazy deals,
are you doing the whole Black Friday thing?

Labels: , , , , ,

15 Comments:

At November 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Rubi Ruiz said...

Awesome!!! Congrats on your new home! And that tree is sooo beautiful! I looove finding crazy deals like that! They make me do the happy dance on one foot. Ahh!

I'm doing the whole Black Friday thing, just for the adrenaline of going at 12 AM. I usually don't buy much but it's fun to go with friends! :)

With Love,

Rubi

 
At November 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Torrie said...

Wow, what a crazy time to move! But I'm so excited for you--new places are so much fun. Can't wait to see what it looks like!

 
At November 21, 2012 at 9:38 AM , Blogger Marsa said...

yes yes i'm following you!
you got me on your last post <3

good luck with your move! christmas is coming up quick!

happyleeliving.blogpsot.com

 
At November 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Lisa said...

Amen for Crazy finds. Those kind of things make me so happy. I'm looking forward to home pics.

 
At November 21, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger It's Sooo Fluffy said...

Congrats!

I refuse to leave my home on Black Friday. People are too crazy! Maybe when I get my dream house or have a few kids I'll attempt it haha

 
At November 21, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Rissi said...

That sounds awesome, Kimberly! CONGRATS on your new house - and all those decorations. My tree comes down Friday or Saturday and despite the tug of war I have with the Christmas lights... blasting the Christmas tunes and decorating the tree is always fun. :)

Hope you and your family enjoy a great Thanksgiving holiday! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Sheila said...

Congrats!! The Hubs and I are in the process of buying a house so I'm envy you're done with it!

That's a cool find on the soft-serve ice cream! :)

xo - Sheila
www.sheislovelyblog.com

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you so much!
I did that dance last night for sure!

Same here. I go with my friends and all my sister in laws.
It is tons of fun! I usually end up buying all my gifts then.

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:44 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I know...but it will be so worth it in the end.
I am taking the whole week of the 17th off to unpack and decorate so it should work out just fine :)

I actually did a post with pictures of our new home. I think its called We Found a House!

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yay! So glad you are following me now too!
I just love your blog. You are so pretty :)

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:47 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks for stopping by Lisa!
Oh I will be posting some for sure!

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you!!
Haha! My Mom and a few of my friends refuse to also.
It gets pretty crazy out there!

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you so much Rissi!!
Oh yes...that sounds like so much fun! What a perfect way to spend the day!

You too!!

 
At November 21, 2012 at 12:50 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you!
Congrats to you also! It's so exciting!!
Hope you find the perfect one for you guys!

I know! I am so excited to use it...especially when we have kids!

 
At December 13, 2012 at 1:26 PM , Blogger aimymichelle said...

the only shopping i did on black friday was at goodwill.

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home