Monday, September 29, 2014

BRAVE AND BEAUTIFUL

I am Brave and Beautiful - a beauty movement that is sweeping the globe. Colbie Caillat started it with her recent song and video called TRY. My blogging friend Megan of Brassy Apple wanted to push this movement along and invited women from all over to share what they looked like without make up and I joined in!! Colbie's song says, "Take your make up off. Let your hair down... Look into the mirror at yourself, Do you like you? Cause I like you... "
Megan and her friend Cobi of Peacefrom6pieces have been the team behind this whole project. Their worldwide vision included creating their own video inspired by the song TRY. The talent of Robbins Creative made it possible for them to pull it off. You have to click play and see the beauty and bravery displayed and you might even recognize a few faces in there.


Me along with 101+ other blogging women from different backgrounds, religions, ethnicities, ages, shapes and sizes have decided to be Brave and Beautiful! You can join in this movement too by sharing what you look like without makeup on. You don't need a blog either! Just tag your photo with #IamBraveAndBeautiful on Instgram and search the hashtag to see who else has joined in. ALSO, if you tag it with a second hashtag - #ColbieTRY we just might be able to get Colbie Caillat's attention since she was the inspiration behind it all!
Are you brave and beautiful? I am, here I go!


Makeup. Check. Hair curled. Check. Cute outfit. Check. This photo was taking with a professional camera by a good friend of mine when we were taking pictures for our blogs. I always feel so great when I am fully done up and ready to go! Don't you? 



Above is my picture without any stitch of makeup. This picture was taken by my Husband Josh late last night. This was right after I got out of the shower. Hair wet, frizzy, unstyled, bushy eyebrows and baring it all with no makeup. One of my favorite parts of the day is getting home taking off my work clothes, putting on my comfies, throwing my hair up into a ponytail and washing all my makeup off. This is me. This is the real me..the real me that God created me to be. Behind all that makeup I am still Kimberly. Kind, caring, loving and thoughtful. I believe that if you let your beauty that is within side of you shine, it will radiate through your face and you will not only be beautiful on the inside, but also on the outside too.

share your natrual beauty - brassyapple.com

Don't stop here. Get clicking around - its a blog hop! Below are more brave and beautiful women bearing more than their natural beauty. They each have a little bit of their heart to share with you. Some get very personal. Some share stories. For some this was very hard to do yet they gathered their courage and did it anyway. We hope as you click around (and YES pin these different posts!) you will feel the importance of it, the empowering effect it has and that it encourages you in some way.

women sharing their natural beauty - no makeup
women with our makeup on and what makes them beautiful
women from around the world share their face with no makeup on - BrassyApple.com
Mommy bloggers share their face without makeup and what makes then beautiful
Natural beauty untouched photos
raw natural beauty - join the movement
beauty and bravery - women wearing no makeup - Brassyapple.com
#colbietry #iambraveandbeautiful

Ready in join in?Snap, hashtag and share! Tag @BrassyApple and @Peacefrom6Pieces if you can too!

Also follow our Bravery and Beauty PINTEREST board for more inspiration!

Labels: , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At September 29, 2014 at 8:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love the slogan I'm not beautiful like you I'm beautiful like me!!
www.bonjourchiara.com
Bonjourchiara Facebook Page

 
At September 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM , Blogger The Pennington Point said...

Thank you for joining the blog hop, Kimberly! This is such an important movement to be a part of. Lisa~

 
At September 29, 2014 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Ashlee Marie said...

I love putting on make up and getting all gussied up, I love feeling fancy... but nothing better that coming home and taking it all off

 
At September 30, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Melissa @ Bless This Mess said...

This was awesome!

 
At September 30, 2014 at 12:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Kimberly, you look breathtaking with or out without makeup. I love your comment, this is me how God made me. I think this is something we are all forgetting about. We are created so perfect, so beautiful and we all are. Sometimes makeup, hair and trying to be someone we are not allow us to forget who we really are, we act different, think different to the point were when the make up is gone, we dont like the person in the mirror. What an amazing movement and all I see is perfection! We are all beautiful and unique thats what make us so different from each other. I LIKE WHAT A SEE!!! Best post in the world!

 
At September 30, 2014 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I know! Isn't it great!?!?!

 
At September 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

You are so welcome Lisa! Love being apart of this wonderful movement!

 
At September 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Yes! That is the best part! Feels so good!

 
At September 30, 2014 at 12:38 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Melissa!

 
At September 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thank you my friend. You are so sweet! I love you so much <3
What you wrote is so beautiful. So blessed to have you in my life. You are such a great friend. XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

 
At October 2, 2014 at 11:33 AM , Blogger Brassy Apple said...

thank you for joining in! Love that end of the day too in comfies and a scrubbed face ;)

 
At September 20, 2016 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

s a beautiful new month begins to bring a new season, tttt4 at al3abfun

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home