Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wardrobe Wednesday-Mint Jeans


I am really lovin' this color for Summer.

I have been on the hunt for some mint jeans and I haven't found the perfect pair.

So I was thinking...what if I thrift a pair that I really like and then dye them?!?!

I came across HER blog and saw a DIY Tutorial on how to Dye your own jeans to any color you want!


Check out the DIY instructions below:


DIY: Dye Your Own Mint Jeans

What you'll need:
a pair of white jeans/pants
1 pkg. of aqua dye and 1 pkg. of green vert dye
a clean bucket
1/4 c. salt
1 gallon of steamy hot water

Directions:

1. Pour 1 gallon of steamy hot water into the bucket.  Pour 1/4 c. salt, 1/2 pkg. of aqua dye, 1/2-1 tsp. green vert dye. 

2. Put the white jeans into the bucket.  Make sure the jeans submerges into the dye water completely.  Mix continuously while checking the color.  Pour more aqua dye or the green vert dye to make it the color you'd like(make sure the dye powder doesn't touch the clothes directly).  If it's too dark, then add more water. 

3. Leave it for approximately 45 minutes.  (little or more depending on the color you want)

4. Put the clothes into the washer and run a cycle in cold water.  

5. Let it air dry.

Estimated time: 2 hours

Budget: Low (mine was only $5 since I already had white jeans)

 











HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

10 Comments:

At May 9, 2012 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Faith said...

i'm still searching for the perfect mint jeans! hope to find them soon!

have fun at dinner tonight! :)

 
At May 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM , Blogger GingerPeachT said...

Love mint too! However it's too hot for me to wear jeans here now. Hello high of 80's!
So have you eliminated gluten yet? Lol I'm curious to see how you feeling these days!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Lindsay said...

I got lucky and found the perfect pair of mint jeans at Ross for $12!!! I was so excited!

 
At May 9, 2012 at 5:38 PM , Blogger 21SaraLoves said...

Love that mint colour!

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

 
At May 11, 2012 at 12:22 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Same here! Try a few thrift stores. I found some for $5.99!
Hope you have a great weekend :)

 
At May 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I just bought a pair of mint capris for $5.99 at a thrift shop. I hear ya! It's going to be 103 by Sunday!
I haven't eliminated gluten. I bought these Digestive Enzymes at Sprouts (also sell them @ Whole Foods) and I have to take
1-3 of them with each meal. Seem to be helping :)

 
At May 11, 2012 at 12:24 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Wahoo!! Nice find! I love Ross!

 
At May 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thanks!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

 
At May 15, 2012 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Jenna // The Life of the Wife said...

SHUT the front door! GENIUS!! I am doing this like..now! Thanks Kim!! :)

 
At May 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I had been searching for that green vert dye everywhere with no luck! Where did you find it?

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home