Monday, December 19, 2011

Santa Hat Brownies



Aren’t these Santa Hat Brownies just so cute?  I was looking for a fun and simple holiday treat that I could make and I came across this fun recipe on Pinterest. Can I just say how much I LOVE Pinterest!! They’re so good and easy to make, especially since I bought Trader Joe’s Ready to Bake brownie mix (just pour the ready-made brownie batter in an 8X8 pan and bake for 22-25 minutes).  I whipped up some vanilla-mascarpone buttercream to simulate the white trim on the hats.  Voila!  A festive dessert to get everyone into the spirit of the holidays.  It really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here!


*Makes 12-16 brownies

Ingredients
1 pan of your favorite brownies, cooled and cut into desired size and shape (I used a round cutter)
12-16 small strawberries, cleaned and hulled
vanilla-mascarpone buttercream (recipe below)

Mascarpone Buttercream
Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Method
Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat butter and mascarpone cheese until light and creamy, about 2 minutes.  Add vanilla extract and salt.  Add 2-1/2 cups of sugar, half a cup at a time and continue beating until smooth.  Add more sugar, if needed to reach desired consistency and sweetness.
To assemble, pipe a ring of vanilla buttercream on top of each brownie.  Cut off the base of a strawberry so it is flat and place it upside down on each brownie, pushing slightly to secure in place.  Top the tip of the strawberry with a dot of buttercream to finish the santa hat.

7 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am thinking that I might add this to make for Christmas. They look so amazingly good.

Happy Holidays.

 
At December 19, 2011 at 4:41 PM , Anonymous Kimberly Bonham said...

Thank you for your comment Foster!
Merry Christmas! Hope you have a great one!

 
At December 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM , Anonymous Kimberly Bonham said...

Cami,
Thank you! Thank you!
I checked out your blog. I love the lip scrub!
Now following you :)
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

 
At December 21, 2011 at 12:50 PM , Anonymous Kimberly Bonham said...

Hey Big Apple Girl!
I just visited your blog. Love it!
I also follow all the steps to enter your giveaway. Crossing my fingers to win!

 
At December 21, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

those are adorable and so tasty looking!

 
At December 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM , Blogger kaity said...

these are adorable! strawberries and brownies sound like a delish combination. :]

 
At December 21, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Susan said...

oh my goodness, so cute and looks delish!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home