Wednesday, February 6, 2013

He's Everything I Need


I’ve been married to Josh for almost 3 years (It's been such a wonderful journey! The good time and the bad...I am grateful for them all)  There are so many things I have learned  about Josh's character. Josh is a very patient man, never stresses, and has such an easy going personality that make it so easy for people to fall in love with who he is.
A happy result of being in relationship with Josh is that it has helped me become more patient, stress less and easygoing too. Whenever I am worried or stressing about something, he always seems to have the right words to bring me back to reality and to make me view the situation differently. I am thankful for the wonderful communication that we share.
Imagine what spending more time with God can do?!?!
Many men and women throughout the Bible made it their mission to know God. Paul actually called it “his determined purpose” (see Philippians 3:10). King David said what he wanted most in life was to seek God and behold the wonders of His beauty (see Psalm 27).
Seek is defined as “to crave, to pursue and go after.”
By seeking God for themselves, Paul and David came to know of His true character.
They fell deeply in love with God and wanted to be like Him and follow His example.
We can also fall deeply in love with Him if we choose to seek Him in our daily lives.
Today I want to share with you one aspect of God’s character that I’ve come to know and love. It has helped me tremendously in my relationship with Him, with myself and with other people. It is simply this: God is the God of justice...He makes things right.

If you have heard me share my testimony before, then you probably know that a few years back, I had a lot of things happen in my life that brought me to an awful state of depression. I was unhappy with my overall life. I got to the point where I felt like nothing mattered anymore and I didn't matter anymore.
My life was a complete mess then, and it stayed a mess until I turned my life over to God and let Him take control.
 Then, little by little, He began to bring peace and  justice into my life.
God wants justice for all of us.
He wants to be that hero in our lives who makes wrong things right.
When we are wronged, God asks us to forgive quickly and completely.
We need to allow Him to be our vindicator.
When we do, we can be assured that God will bring justice in our life.

I encourage you to seek God’s Word for wisdom and comfort. Bring your wounds before God in prayer and ask Him to fill you up with an overflowing of His love so you can forgive those who have mistreated you. Through that experience, you will come to know God more than ever before. And He will make you more loving and forgiving, like Him.
God knows your heart. He’s merciful. He’s full of grace and love. He’s long-suffering. God knows we will never stop making mistakes, and still blesses us and is good to us and forgives us time after time. I like the fact that God is fair.
I encourage you to let God shape you into someone who loves and actually longs for His correction.
Because by bending to His will, we can become healed and whole, satisfied and happy.
Just as I’ve been positively affected by my relationship with my husband, Josh, being in relationship with God has helped me learn and grow as a person, because I’m just not satisfied to stay the way I am. The fact is.... I’m in love with God and I want to be like Him.
I still have a long way to go, but I’ve also come a really long way. And I’ve learned not to be discouraged about how far I have to go. Instead, I’m excited about how far I’ve come!!
 Be a "seeker" and you will fall so in love with Jesus that you will put yourself in a position where God can bless you radically and outrageously.
It is only in close relationship with Him that you can live a life that brings glory to His name.

Have a blessed Wednesday!!



Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 6, 2013 at 11:02 AM , Blogger Kndbbdjk said...

Great post! Being married to my husband has made me so much more patient! :) Thanks for sharing!

 
At February 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I've learned a lot of things from living with my husband. I have not learned patience, yet, like Siri. But, I'm still working on it.

 
At February 15, 2013 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I really love this post. It's so transparent and so tender. GOD is our justice - that's something I really needed to be reminded of. Thank you for taking risks to be vulnerable. Thanks for the opportunity to follow you. It's a blessing reading your stuff :)

 
At February 18, 2013 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Aww thank you so much Bree..your words mean so so much to me!
Thanks for following!

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home