Thursday, February 2, 2012

HOPE. THE ANCHOR OF OUR SOULS.



HOPE is the anchor of our souls.
Our greatest hope comes from the knowledge that the Savior broke the bands of death. His victory came through His excruciating pain, suffering, and agony. He atoned for our sins if we repent. 
In the Garden of Gethsemane came the anguished cry, “O my Father, if it be possible, let this
cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”  Luke described the intensity of the agony: “And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling to the ground"


All of us in this life have challenges and difficulties. Some have greater challenges and difficulties than others do. This is all part of our mortal test. The reason for some of these trials cannot be readily understood except on the basis of faith and hope because there is often a larger purpose which we do not always understand. Peace comes through hope.

Hope is trusting in God's promises, faith that if we act now, the desired blessings will be fulfilled in the future. Abraham against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations.” Contrary to human reason, he trusted God, fully persuaded that God would fulfill His promises of giving Abraham and Sarah a child in their old ages.

...................................................................................................................................................................

This morning I had to go to the doctors to get an  Endoscopy procedure for my stomach problems that I have been having for over a year now. This is doctor #5.

As the clock was ticking,  fear stepped in and I started to get really nervous. I was scared. I knelt by my bed to say a prayer and told God that I loved Him and trusted Him.

Almost instantly a warm feeling of peace flowed through me. With the peace came understanding. 
I knew I couldn’t give up hope in spite of all the circumstances and everything that I have been through. 

You either live in hope or you live in despair. 

Without hope, you cannot endure to the end.

I felt so close to my Heavenly Father, knew that He loved me and that everything would be okay.


I know......
He knows my hurt, the frustration and the pain I am going through. 
I know......
He listens and hears all my prayers
 I know......
 He loves me with an infinite love
I know......
He has a plan
I know......
I can lean on Him and He will comfort me
I know......
Everything happens for a reason
I know......
I am learning, growing and this trial will make me stronger in the end
I know......
Hoping and trusting in Him can get me through ANYTHING with a smile on my face...





"Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey towards it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us. … Hope sweetens the memory of experiences well loved. It tempers our troubles to our growth and our strength. It befriends us in dark hours, excites us in bright ones. It lends promise to the future and purpose to the past. It turns discouragement to determination" 

-Samuel Smiles

5 Comments:

At February 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Elisha said...

wow, your AMAZING!! & i lovvveee that gorgeous picture of you at the end!(:

 
At February 2, 2012 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Hope and faith, we know they go hand in hand. There is no life worth living without hope. Best to you. And love your picture with the heart and the quote!

 
At February 3, 2012 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

Thank you Elisha!
Happy Friday! Hope you have a great day!

 
At February 3, 2012 at 8:04 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I totally agree with you Vivian!
Thank you!

 
At February 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM , Blogger 21SaraLoves said...

Love the last quote!

www.21saraloves.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment on my blog!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home